10.16.2008

Why, thank you!

((the shower favors...my mom was literally shrieking that she found them, and then how cute they are ))

So my shower is coming up this weekend and I am SO. EXCITED. SERIOUSLY. I mean, the last shower was great, and I really appreciate my future mother in law doing that, because it was fun to get together with her family, who we do not see very often. But truthfully, I was more nervous about remembering the names of people I'd only met twice and a little uncomfortable.

This time around, my mother is having the shower and has invited pretty much every single woman that we are having at the wedding - all my aunts, cousins, both her and my friends, parents friends who have basically adopted me through the years - and I cannot wait for it. These women are GREAT and I love each and every one of them. I have a wonderful support network at home and 46 of the best people I know, hanging out together, laughing and having a good time sounds pretty awesome to me.

That being said, I guess I didn't know they liked ME so much. Confession - I am a serial registry stalker. I've needed to adjust things several times (we registered quite early and since then, inventory has changed and so has my mind). And the first time I saw something missing from the registry, I thought I had accidentally hacked into someone else's list. Since then, I've been hooked. I am not getting married for the stuff, but it is quite the perk.



Things keep disappearing from the lists, more and more, and though there is a shower coming up, I can't believe there are still people buying things. Kevin is just like "Yay, I will have things for the apartment" and I can't get over the fact that people like me enough to buy me this:
Oh, pink Dyson (currently sleeping in the trunk of my car), you are sooo beautiful to me.
This lovely piece of machinery is a gift from my grandmother. I will tell you it's because I am her favorite, but it's really because I am the grandchild who always comes to visit and also helps her- mow the lawn, repaper her cupboards, clean the windows and put up the summer screens, clean the attic in the garage that hasn't been cleaned in 25 years, plant flowers, bake cookies, make pierogies for Christmas, etc. Which I think still translates into "my favorite," if you read it correctly. In all seriousness, we are very close and I don't help her because I have to, I do it because I like to spend time with her and I know she needs the help and won't accept it from others.
I tried to talk her out of it, but at 86 years old, she is pretty damn stubborn and will not take no for an answer. She also likes to pull out the "When I die, everything will be split equally, and I want you kids who help to have a little something extra." Which is both morbid and persuasive.
So off we went to Target...in advance, thank you thank you thank you Grandma!!
Enjoy it!!

1 comment:

Mrs. Boom said...

SUPER cute favors!!!! Love, love them :)
Keep on stalking that registry. How else will you know if you need to add stuf???