10.24.2008

"I like your shoes!"

If you are ever with me, you'd better hope I'm not at a bar when I start telling people I like there shoes. It's a sure-fire signal I am d-runk.

On unfortunate 21st birthday, I was forced to drink mass amounts of booze (seriously...I wasn't buying the drinks...others were practically pouring them down my throat). So, ya know, after beginning the evening with a shot of tequila, followed by a Long Island iced tea, double fisted with a Jack&coke, more tequila, the discovery of red headed sluts, and a girl standing on a bar pouring pucker directly into my mouth....I'd had enough.

There is not much I remember about this birthday (for obvious reasons) but some of the things I do remember are telling people that I liked their shoes.


Shoe victim #1 - they were white sandals and looked amazingly high. I was washing my hands when I said it. Turns out, I was oblivious...she was puking into the sink next to me, and I was trying to compliment her on her stylish footwear


Shoe victim #2 - After I was pulled apart from my ex bf (who I had broken up with the day before, but who still wanted to come out) while we were crying in the middle of the dance floor, my friends decided that maybe we should grab something to eat before we got in their car (quick recap of the rules - #1 NO PUKING IN THE CAR #2 - NO PEEING IN THE CAR....they double-checked that I could remember said rules several times every hour). We were walking to the local drunk stop on the way (i stumbled there, blaming the sidewalk's unevenness for the reason I couldn't walk straight) when I saw them - the most beautiful pink strappy Barbie sandals! I had to tell her I liked them...but she was across the street....on her cell phone...yelling at someone...in Spanish. No bother. I YELLED across the street, "HEY I LIKE YOUR SHOES!" My friends were appalled. She put down her cell phone, looked at her feet and yelled back, "THANKS!" and then continued on her way.


See...we shoe lovers always appreciate a compliment!


Now I am thinking of getting these to wear under my wedding dress...you know, in case any guests start to act up:

Just kidding!!! But seriously, take a look at some of these shoes...apparently they are all the rage in Japan.







I don't know how you could NOT break an ankle in these shoes...but they look pretty cool. Cool enough that I want to give them a try, just to see if I could do it.

Enjoy it!!

1 comment:

Mrs. Boom said...

Wow...um, I don't really have any words for those shoes except...OUCH!!!!!