10.29.2008

Gah, frustration

My mother and I are in a fight. It is really silly. And stupid and pointless. We used to get along really well.

Since I moved back home after college and especially since we started planning a wedding, we've been butting heads. Mostly because it seems like she is only ever asking me stupid questions. And I'm sure she doesn't mean them to be stupid, but that is how they end up.

And of course, I am not helping the situation, by answering these stupid questions with honest answers. And honestly, sometimes to other people's ears, comes out as bitchy. She also doesn't like the reply "I don't know."

So this morning we are fighting because she got a card for me to send to my goddaughter for Halloween. Sounds harmless, right?

Well, she asked last week if I was sending something to Hayden for Halloween and I said no. Which should have been enough.

**Before you go thinking I am a horrible godmother, Hayden is 5 months old. It seems a little silly to send a Halloween card to her...next year, when she might get excited to have mail, or like to have her own pack of M&Ms, it's another story**

So when she pulled out the card (after I've gotten 5.5 hours of sleep and my immune system is slowing losing a battle to a cold), I was a bit surprised. And told her that it was stupid to send a 5 month old a card. And that I didn't even know what to write. So instead I started packing my lunch.

She snatched the card up and told me "Just go away"....awesome start to the morning.

She has told me several times that 1 - I should have just eloped, 2 - she doesn't even want to come to the wedding anymore and 3 - she hates how I am growing my hair and it looks horrible (which seems silly but is a big deal).

I think we just need to start again.... gosh my eyes are so tired

3 comments:

Meg said...

I hate starting off the morning fighting with my mom. It just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. This may sound dumb and corny but this is what I do when we do. I go home after work and give her a big hug and tell her I love her, and for some reason, it seems to make it better. I know for me it helps me to forget the argument completely. My mom is notorious for asking me stupid questions, and many times the same question over and over. I do do alot of things just to appease her so she won't bug me anymore about it(and to just keep the peace), but I know that it makes her happy.Not saying you should do that by any means.

I totally understand your not wanting to send your goddaughter the card. Why don't you go home and talk it over with your mom. I know us women can say alot of things that we don't mean in moments of anger. I hope things get better!!!! =) Just think only 4 more months of living at home and thats all!! YAY!!! I know I"m counting down the days!!! =)

Mrs. Boom said...

Arguing is never a good way to start the morning. But, having your mom tell you she doesn't want to attend your wedding is not petty, it's hurtful IMO. Can you tell her how you feel without making it worse?
{{{HUGS!!!}}}

Mrs. Boom said...

Oh, and the god-daughter card? At 5 months? Totally with you on that one.