10.09.2008

Can you be...

out of shape if you were never in shape to begin with?

I never was a skinny kid. Not that I was always fat, but maybe....solid. What can I say? Simple carbohydrates have always been my friend...

Tuesday night, I started my new exercise DVD - the 30 Day Shred with Jillian from the Biggest Loser. And the next morning, I was HURTING. Like seriously. I suppose that means you know it was starting to work But it doesn't help much when you spend your days sitting at a desk (getting very stiff!) and your evenings cashing, lifting and pulling very heavy items.

Last night, only one day into it, I've fallen off the wagon. Stairs were a feat, there was no way I could make it through that workout. Kevin said I should just try it but even after being able to move all evening and try and stretch out, I was still so tight.

But I've come to the conclusion that the second day is ALWAYS the worst, for most things in life. Think about it, second day of a diet, second day of exercise, second day of your period...it always gets worse before it gets better. So tonight, even though I'm still hurting, I will be trying again. Maybe not quite as well as I did the first time, but it will be an honest effort.

1 comment:

Mrs. Boom said...

Good for you!!! It DOES get better over time. You'll still get sore but, nothing like the first few workouts.