10.15.2008

Finally

I had my first wedding nightmare. And it was not good. My mom kept taking me places all morning, first someplace to get my makeup done, and then my hair (which I have been growing for the past YEAR) - the woman cut it, dyed it blond and made it look exactly like my mother's hair. Then my mom kept telling me to get my dress on and I was like, I'm not wearing a dress to the shower (where I thought we were going) and she said, "We're not going to a shower, we're going to your wedding!" and the dress she had was UGLY and none of the girls were there. It was just a huge mess. Ugh, guess now that I've had time to slow down this week, the stress is getting to me.

This weekend, I was playing Suzie HomeMaker while Kevin was at work. We were having people over to watch the opening Sabres game, and so I made chicken wing dip (delish!), death by chocolate and apple pie (a la Pioneer Woman). And I went grocery shopping and did two loads of laundry - go me! Oh yes, and jello shots...mmm

Saturday, I wasn't really feeling very well, and I pretty much just stayed in bed until 3pm. Then I finally got up and showered and we went mattress shopping, so I got to lay down there haha. I bought a new mattress - a deliciously comfortable king size, marshmallow-y mattress. I am in love. And I haven't even been able to sleep in it yet. Me = jealous. Also, we went out to dinner, and I had the best salmon ever, ever, ever. We had to stop at Bed, Bath and Beyond and Target to get sheets and a mattress pad because Kevin would just sleep on it without anything on it unless I bought these. Boys are ridiculous.

Sunday, we slept in more and I finally felt better. I went home pretty early, and headed over to my grandma's house for dinner. Then I got to hang out with my friend Tracy. I brought a yummy snack - baguette, brie cheese and this yummy caramel spread with dried apples, cranberries and walnuts in it. Then we watched a movie and talked, since I haven't seen her in forever. Between me and my two jobs, and her working and school full time, we are almost never free at the same times. So I was glad to see her and catch up on some scoop.

Monday, I enjoyed my holiday! Thank you Christopher Columbus for getting me a day off from work. Seriously, you did me a solid man. I went shopping with my grandmother, so she could get something for my shower this weekend. She had her mind set on getting me the pink Dyson vacuum from Target (which I proceeded to tell her was WAAAAY too expensive and that we only put it on there so people would give gift cards towards it) and she is so darn stubborn. So I took her to Target and we got it. And I am really excited about it, and then I feel lame for being excited about a vacuum. I'm 23, for goodness sake, I should be excited about a new club or something, not a vacuum. Oh well. Then we went home, picked up my grandpa and went out to lunch at Olive Garden. Yummers. Later that night, I hung out with my friend Kara, which is always a good time.

All in all, it was a lovely time.

Enjoy it!!

1 comment:

Mrs. Boom said...

Look, if you HAVE to vacuum you might as well have a cute one...go Grandma!
Congrats on winning the mattress battle.
I'd like to tell you that your nightmare will be your first and your last but, I would be lying. I've had several recently and will not be surprised if they increase as the wedding gets closer...ugh.