10.05.2008

Ode to a Garbage Plate



*This is not for the faint of heart....or weak of stomach*


Oh, the garbage plate... a delictable culinary delight, available only in the good old city of Rochester NY. More specifically, at a location ending in the word "Hots" of questionable cleanliness, recommended more after a serious night of boozing, but good at all hours.


How do I love thee? Let me count the ways....


or another


Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more greasy and far more fattening

A garbage plate can contain a variety of things, but my personal favorite is a little more traditional. These originated at a place called Nick Tahoe's (wiki that if you don't believe me), but since that is in the seedy part of downtown, I'll stick with my Hots. Saturday night, post bar, I enjoyed a plate with 2 cheeseburgers, mac salad and home fries (little deep fried pellets of potato-y goodness), with extra ketchup please. Of course you can get things like hot dogs, grilled cheese, boneless wings, baked beans, or french fries mixed in too.

The one in the picture is covered in "hot sauce" which is more like spicy dog food, onions and mustard. It truly is just a disgusting looking thing, aptly named really. Especially if you're like me and you close the lid and shake it up before eating it. It sounds like it wouldn't all mix properly. It sounds like you might want to be sick just looking at it. It sounds like you probably shouldn't even feed it to your dog.

But you would be wrong. That sound is a heavenly chorus, with a slight background of your arteries hardening. Scrumptious. And trust me when I say that nothing could soak up all the alcohol you just drank better than this could.

Excuse me now, I don't want to drool on the keyboard.

mmm, enjoy it!

No comments: