10.22.2008

Eat, Pray, Love


So I just finished another book last night (which makes me feel a little guilty, since I told Kevin, "I think its time for bed" and hung up with him, then stayed up another half hour to read) and I loooooved it.
Seriously, I know there was a lot of hype over this book, at least among my friends, and when I started to read it (in JUNE!), I have to say, I was sort of disappointed. I just couldn't get into it.
Turns out, I'm a little quick to judge. At the time, I was angry with the friend who gave it to me...we were having a little bit of difficulties because she couldn't understand how I could settle down and get married, and not put a trip to Hong Kong on my credit card and spend the next year paying it off...I mean, there is more to it, but that gives you an idea.
So when I started reading about this woman who was going through an awful divorce because she couldn't stand to be a wife anymore, and who decided to take a year off from life and travel to Italy, India and Indonesia, I was a little turned off.
But because my friends loved it so much, I kept reading. Even while I was reading other things, and even though I kept setting this aside, I kept coming back. They told me, "You HAVE to get to Indonesia." And I finally did.
And it was totally worth it, my friends. This book is beautifully written, and just an amazing read. I whole-heartedly recommend it, and if you thought you didn't like it and you set it down, please, try again. For serious.
Up next, another friend favorite that I have been hiding under a rock and avoiding: the Twilight series. In an effort to persuade me to read it, my friend Kelly who was visiting this weekend bought me the first book as a (very) early Christmas present. ((who knew all she would have to do is show me the movie preview! o.h.m.a.n my likey!))
Enjoy it!!

1 comment:

Meg said...

I'm totally wanting to read the Twilight series books too!!! Soo many people are into them!!!