12.31.2008

New Year's Eve

This will be the first New Years Eve that Kevin and I will spend together. Last year, he was still working at Barilla and had to go to work, so I ended up in Erie with my fave PA residents, Colleen and Mike. Which was wonderful, but there was a very lonely spell when the clock struck twelve, and my someone was 200 miles away.

We're keeping it low key this year, which really suits us. Kevin doesn't do well in crowds, and I'd rather go out to a bar or dancing with girlfriends. Since we don't live close to any of our friends, no one really feels like making the trek up to our place for a party. Looks like it will be a party for 2.

We're making some yummy food (chicken w. Italian dressing, crockpot meatballs) and I bought some champagne. I can't wait to just relax and enjoy the evening with my favorite man in the world.

I guess I should probably try to include some New Years Resolutions. I really don't know that I want to make any, because its pretty much a guarentee they won't last (except that one year I decided I wasn't eating french fries for a whole year, just to see if I could do it. And I did. See, I used to have will power! Where did it go?!?!), but I have a couple of general things I would like to keep in mind as I start this new year:

** I will try and make sure that my loved ones know how much I love and appreciate them, and all the wonderful things they bring to my life. I have a tendency to be sarcastic (moreso since I've been getting less sleep this year, thanks 2 jobs) and it really doesn't lend itself to being kind and appreciative for all those around you.

** I will tell Kevin I love him, every single day. Even if we are mad, or cranky or just having an off day, it doesn't mean the love is gone.

** I will try to eat more vegetables. This is a huge weak point for both Kevin and I.

** I will try and stop complaining, especially about my job. I am lucky to have a job. I am very lucky to have 2 jobs, when some people are unemployed. Its just a little hard to remember when my brain is sleepy.

What are your resolutions this year?

Have a safe and happy New Year, everyone!!

No comments: