12.15.2008

Fiance from Heaven

Normally I would say I am the weaker link in the relationship. Kevin is so kind and caring and just generally good hearted that I am 1000000% positive I pale in comparison. But I got an oppurtunity to make up some ground this morning...

It all started with the other day. Apparently our landlords at the apartment have had to come out a LOT lately to let people in who have locked themselves out of their apartments. To remedy this, they are now charging $20 for a trip out (they live less than 5 minutes away and the man is there all the time anyhow since his tools and things are in the garage at this property)...which is pretty much highway robbery. We've never locked ourselves out, so it was kind of punishing us for a crime we hadn't yet committed.

But obviously, as soon as it cost money, it happened.

Kevin was on A shift this week, so he was supposed to be at work at 6 am. At 5:25, my cell phone starts going off. It's Kevin, and he's locked himself out. He doesn't want to call the landlady since 1 - she is a huge bitch, 2 - its going to cost $20, 3 - its 5am and 4 - we have two kittens and are only allowed to have one. And so, up I get, put on some work clothes and drive out to the apartment, an hour and a half away, at 5:30am.

The bonus part to this (other than getting to see Kevin) was that since I went to bed around 12:30am the night before, I decided to stay and sleep a couple hours in my glorious comfy new bed and come in for the afternoon at work. I love my bed. And I got to see my kitties. I love them too.

So here I am, at work for the afternoon. I *could* have just turned around when I got there and only been about an hour late to work, but since I have to work tonight until midnight, I knew I would never make it tomorrow that way. So I figured one morning was better than one whole day. And its only 2 more months here, right?


UPDATE - I finished cutting all my invitations stuff last night, stuffed them all in the pockets and almost all of them have an RSVP envelopes (I have about 30 left because I ran out of stamps)....I am inching ever closer to finishing the damn things. My mom's like "They look so beautiful" to which I very crankily responded "I hate them. They look alright, but they were so NOT worth the effort." Maybe I wouldn't hate them so much if I had just a little more time. Gah, the wedding is coming up so quickly and I am so busy!

Enjoy it!!

No comments: