12.11.2008

Once again...

I am working on my flipping invitations. I seriously hate hate hate with the fire of one thousand suns hate invitations. The ones I liked that I could get already made were too expensive, and the ones I could afford were too plain or didn't come in my color or I just didn't like.

So I was being a brat and decided I would make my own. I don't have time to do laundry...you know, the clean clothes i need to wear every day to work so I am not the creepy smelly coworker...I don't have time for that. So I don't know when I thought I was going to have the time to make these invitations.

But I bought the pocketfolds, I designed the inserts, I figured everything out, I called in to work one day and went to have everything copied. I spent a whole weekend cutting them up into the appropriate sizes. I spent another weekend pasting the invitation part into the pocket fold.

And then it hit me....

RSVPs need to go in an envelope. Envelopes come in 3 5/8 x 5 1/8....my RSVPs were 3 3/4 x 5 1/2....half an inch too tall and quarter inch too wide. And all the other inserts were sized to fall in line with these.

Back to the drawing board.

So last night, I tried to salvage what I had, but since it just wasn't happening, I resized everything, finalized the directions inserts and headed back out to Office Max to have everything re-copied.

Regularly the copies are $.99/1 color copy on cardstock. However, the last time I did them, this VERY nice woman was there and only charged me $.59/piece. This time, the SAME woman was there! Thank you thank you thank you! She only charged me $.59/piece and I needed 242 copies and she only charged for 162. She just left 80 off. For no reason.

And so:

Dear very kind hearted woman at Office Max:

Thank you so so so much for helping me out with the copies. I really appreciate you giving me a discount on the copying, because I really couldn't afford to spend the almost $240 in re-printing everything. I really hope you have a wonderful holiday and get lots of happy things from Santa. You are officially my invitation angel. Thanks again!

-A very desperate bride-to-be


Last night, I began recutting everything. It's very tedious, but I hope to have it done by this weekend. I also apparently need to order 10 more pocketfolds, 10 more envelopes, and 10 more RSVP envelopes, and print 10 more invitations out. Because my mother keeps adding to the list.

I cannot wait for Feb 22, so I can begin my glorious week in Antigua. Le sigh.

On a side note, I am up to 7lbs lost. Hopefully my butt will fit in my dress and lay flat. Finger crossed that I make it by the wedding!

Enjoy it!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that was very nice of that lady. and CONGRATS on losing those 7 lbs!

Meg said...

That was soo sweet of that lady at Office Max!!! She truly is an invitation angel!!! I hope you are able to get your invites done when you need them!! My mom keeps adding to the list too, we aren't gonna have room at our reception if she doesn't stop!! =) Congrats girly on the 7lbs, thats awesome!!