12.05.2008

There are babies in the water...

I started a new job within my company back in May. Since I have started here, 7 people have had babies. 7 months, 7 babies. I'm totally, 100% serious.

On Wednesday, one of the new moms stopped by with her little guy, 10 week old Sean. He was such a snuggle bug. I was holding him and there was not one peep. And the "Grandma Brigade" (as the grandmas in our office named themselves) kept coming over and commenting on "what a natural" I was with a baby.

I mentioned this to Kevin and he said "I hope you aren't drinking the water at that place. Don't be getting any ideas."

Later that night, I had a dream we had a baby. And it always surprises me how real it seems, and how somehow I miss this someone in my dreams who was never real at all.

I know I shouldn't have held the baby. We don't have any babies that are close in my family (we're in NY and my goddaughter, Hayden, is in Florida) so I don't get to hold and snuggle and love on babies often anymore. I think if we did, then I wouldn't want one so badly when I actually do get to hold one.

I know I don't want a baby right now. If I could, I would just borrow someone else's and get my fill. I have always loved having little ones around, and now that everyone is getting so big, I really miss it. But it's tough getting back into that mindset after the little love session I had the other day.

I can't wait to get up to the apartment tomorrow and get to enjoy my kitties...they're my babies for now. Someday, a real baby, but not yet.

*SIDE NOTE* Please keep Baby Max and his family in your prayers. Max is a T18 baby and his family will be meeting him today.

1 comment:

Mrs. Boom said...

Oh, I truly know that feeling! Have fun with the kittens and hope that helps.
Sending prayers for Max!