12.29.2008

Thank goodness that's over

Well, Christmas was a complete whirlwind of family and travel and rain and food food and more food. I love Christmas, I love the music, the decorations, the time spent with family and friends. But seriously. I am so glad its over.

This year, with the wedding following so close on its's tails, Christmas kind of took a back seat. I've felt out of breath and out of sorts for the past few weeks trying to juggle 2 jobs, Christmas shopping and all my usual wedding stuff, PLUS trying to get invites in the mail.

I ended up giving Kevin a Wii, even though it was something he said he didn't want. Turns out, he was completely lying. He thought it was more expensive that it really was and wasn't willing to drop the $$ on it for himself. And then he spent all of Christmas bouncing around and saying "When can we go game shopping? When can we go GAME SHOPPING??" (love you babe!). So I did good there.

I made out like a fat rat in a cheese factory, as my father would say. Kevin gave me a new digital camera that is BEAUTIFUL (I would post some pics, but sadly, I left it at his parents and it won't be returned until Wed. I think). My parents gave me a necklace (that my sister picked up in Ireland), a pretty blue sweater, deliciously cozy fleece pjs, and some luggage for our upcoming trip. Kevin's mother gave me a jewelry set - pearl earrings, necklace and ring (way too much $$ right there), plus she got us a baker's rack for our kitchen and our 10 piece pot/pan set and some cookbooks. She always goes overboard.

Overall it was a wonderful Christmas for me. When I get my camera, I will post some pictures of the scarf I'm working on. I got some thick yarn and whacking huge needles, and I should be done today (which is only day 3 of its construction!)....

Glad I'm back!

Enjoy it!!

1 comment:

Mrs. Boom said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful Christmas...how nice! Looking forward to seeing some pics with your fabulous new camear!
So glad that Kevin liked the Wii!!! Did you end up going out and getting games? My parents gave FI Mario Kart (plus and extra wheel so I can play) and he was so excited!