11.17.2008

Ps - it's ok to love Erie

Ah-mazing weekend! Seriously. I was being super cranky about it to begin with, because Kevin was supposed to come and see me and come to Erie for the birthday extravaganza, and then found out he had to work. Then I had a veeeeery long night at Wegmans. So, needless to say, I was tired and not in best form when I got up and headed to my early hair appointment, to try a wedding hairstyle *again*.

This time, things were a MILLION times better - the girl, Cari, was awesome! She really listened when I was trying to explain, asked how I liked what she was doing, and was willing to work with me to create a style. Here is what we ended up with:


I totally LOVE it! She did a great job, especially considering my hair is not super long, and therefore not that easy to work with. Hopefully, if I keep growing it for the next 3 months, those little curlies on the sides will actually be able to reach back to the little bun. I don't have a veil yet (my mom is supposed to be making it, actually) so we couldn't try it out. But, I am going to put in underneath the curls in the back, which means I don't need to get a fancy barrette or anything, because you won't see it. I am thinking of maybe getting a could hairpins, just for a little extra something, but we'll see. Also, I think I will just leave the veil in all night - it makes me feel all bridal, and you only get to do it that one day, right?

I came home and went to the mall with my mother, which worked out to be a lot of fun. She has been wanting to go to the new Bobbi Brown counter, where my friend works, but she wants to go when Meg is working and there is no way she would remember who Meg is haha. So we went together, I got to show Meg my hair, and she did my mom's makeup. It was gorgeous! My mom does NOT wear a lot of makeup, so Meg was really trying to take it easy. She used a tinted moisturizer, which evened out her skin and covered up a lot of the red. I could tell my mom was not so comfy with having someone all up in her face, but it turned out beautiful!

I came home and relaxed, while waiting for my friend Tracy to finish errands so we could head down to Erie for Colleen & Mike's BIRTHDAY EXTRAVAGANZA! Once we got there, we grabbed a couple Hot'n'Ready's (which are just pizzas, I think from Little Caesar's) and hung out and got ready to go out. Colleen loooooved her birthday/Christmas present - I got her this adorable apron with cherries on it, a cupcake tin shaped like hearts and a couple towels for the kitchen with her fave, penguins, on them. It's for her inner domestic goddess. Although she does have plans to "sex up" the apron, ya know, high heels, sexy underpants haha.

We were supposed to begin the evening at Matthew's Trattoria for martinis, but when we tried to go, we were told that the people involved in "The Nutcracker" were having a private party...so much for starting the evening out classy, haha!

We went to the Plymouth and enjoyed some of their drink specials, including a shot called the Four Divas - delish! I have no idea what was in it, but it was yummers. After that, we went to this other bar where Colleen and Mike's friends, Mandy and Andrew work. It was classy. Or not. The thing about bars in PA (unlike NY) is that you can smoke there. So we walked into a thick cloud of carcinogens and countryfolk lol. It was a great time though. Also, apparently I became the papazzi. So, here is my photo essay from the evening at the Red Fox...


These are our gracious hosts, Colleen and Mike. I love them. Seriously.


Colleen, Mike, Tracy (who affectionately became "The Blonde" all night) and me. My clothes are STINKY from all the smoke.


Here is Steve-O and Colleen. There were a lot of funny candids,
thanks to my sniper attack camera skillz.
The lovebirds. Seriously, this is not alcohol induced for them.
They really are just this ridiculous.
Colleen and Tracy - they have been friends since they wer 3 years old and in the same grammar school. One phrase used often (stemming from their experiences in pre-k) is "Tracy's my friend and not yours, so you can't play with her." Both of these lovely ladies are in my wedding and I am so glad to have them in my life!

Ahh, beer my dear friend. Wow, am I pasty or what?! Stupid pale people ancestry! I am Irish Polish and German.... I'm practically allergic to the sun (and also, have the hottest temper around).

Colleen, hanging out at the bar

There was a lot of licking going on. Yummy!

Hot mess. That is all. But at least we're hot, right?

Say "Ah!"

A lady never reveals her secrets.

Seriously. Love them.

Josh doesn't mind the licking. We're all fine here.

Aww, so cute. I <3>

Colleen was all giggles at the bar

Tracy and Steve-O. Apparently when we were going from bar 1 to bar 2, they snuck out and headed over to an "adult store." They wanted to get Colleen something for her birthday, and Tracy picked out candy necklace nip tassles...to which Steve-O replied, "Well we don't want to get her something she probably already has." HAHAHAHA

She is a sassy minx. Be jealous.

Me, making sure my hair still looked hot. Yup, it did.

Yeah baby yeah

There was a lot of hard liquor involved with Tracy. It's ok, they are good friends.

Ok now children, settle, settle.
Lovahs!

Stranded at the bar, waiting for the slowest cab in Erie to retrieve our sorry behinds.

(l-r: John, Tracy, Colleen, Mike, Josh)

Enjoy it!!

2 comments:

Little Ol' Me said...

your hair looked GREAT! and you have the prettiest smile too...glad you had fun this weekend :)

Mrs. Boom said...

Your hair looks fabulous! And, a night at the bar was a great test!!!