11.09.2008

Glitter + vacuum = No good

So this was officially the most successful wedding weekend we have had in a looooooong time. And I am feeling really good about it. Let's do a little recap, shall we?



Friday night, Kevin and I went downtown because some people from work were having a happy hour. It was a nice time, and although I have been working there for more than 6 months, this is the first time I am really getting to know the people in my group. I recently was moved under a different supervisor and since I sit way on the other side of the building, I haven't had much chance to get to know my co-workers.



Saturday, we had a meeting with Mike, the owner of the banquet hall. We talked about the menu options, the rundown of the ceremony. He also shot down my idea for using InstaSnow in my centerpieces. I'm not happy about it, but I understand.



After that, we went to a craft store where I stumbled upon a bargain - all votive holders up to $1.19 were on sale - 5 for $1!!! So I got enough for about 26 tables, for only $26...excellent! I also picked up some more paper for make little note cards for my wish jar.



After that, we went to JC Penney's to exchange sizes on a couple shirts I bought for Kevin and I stumbled upon these:



I think they are cute, maybe a little higher than I had wanted but I can always bring a different pair for after dinner. Best of all, they were on sale for $29.99...I loves me some bargains.


Next, we left that mall and headed towards another one. We stopped at Jareds and finally got Kevin's wedding band (Kevin bought mine last February). Kevin had originally wanted a darker metal, to match the watch I got him last Christmas, so that would have been tungsten. However, this is just how it is - it is very durable, almost impossible to scratch, but it cannot be engraved or sized. Kevin didn't want to have to get another ring in case his fingers got bigger or smaller, so we ended up with a plaing white gold band.


We grabbed lunch next door at a place called Smoky Bones. I don't even want to think about how much fat and calories were in the meal, but as a small indication - Kevin ordered an appetizer: cornbread with honey pecan butter....to. die. for. mmmmm! Good thing it was the only meal we ate all day.


Whew! Aren't you tired, hearing about all this? And we aren't even done yet!


We went to Target and mosied around for a while, picked up some things Kevin needed for the apartment and also some TV tables that Kevin's mom wanted for her birthday. Next door was Michael's craft store, and I went there too, looking at ribbons, candles, paper, etc. I ended up with 18" of hunter green ribbon, a white pillar candle, a piece of vellum and an idea. When we got home, I made this:






I think it turned out great! The monogram is a bit big, but I <3>

Finally we stopped at Blockbuster, where I was unable to restrain myself from participating in the 3 for $20 movies....and I ended up with 9 new movies. So we watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Baby Mama and called it a night.

Sunday, we had Pre Cana. I really enjoyed listening to the other couples share their stories about communication and fidelity, I just think it was a bit long. All in all, I am glad we went, I think it will be useful to have those tools that we talked about there, and just be aware of each other's feelings.

Coldstone was the reward for the 7 hours spent at a church function, then Kevin had to leave and go back home - narrowly missing the snow. They predicted 6-12 inches, so we will see how it goes when I head outside....not excited about boots.

Enjoy it!!

4 comments:

Little Ol' Me said...

great wedding check weekend!!!

Mrs. Boom said...

Yay...great progress!!! Love the shoes and the candle looks great!

Meg said...

You had an awesome weekend hun!!! I love your shoes!! They are adorable!!! =) The candle looks fantastic!!! WOOHOO!! Lots of checks for you!!!

The Pittsburgh Pair said...

Goodness gracious, seven hours! You earned that Coldstone! (Sounds so good right now)