11.04.2008

Not yet!

Tonight I am resisting temptation. My friend Colleen is coming home to visit her brand new baby cousin and I am NOT going with her. Even though I desperately want to. Even though I would love to see him, and snuggle and hold him.

I am not going because if I do, it will be a serious kick in the ovaries. And it is just easier to avoid it, rather than go enjoy myself.

On one hand, I am thinking I am so ready to have a baby, to have this little life that relies totally and completely on you. It's unnerving how much I enjoy being around the little bebes in my life.

But on the other hand, I know that I will have a lot of transitioning to do once the wedding is done, with the relocating, starting a new job and just living with a boy in general. And on top of that, Kevin and I have spent our entire relationship apart. I really just want to enjoy our time together and be free to take off and do things at the drop of a hat.

And still, that little nagging is there.

So to that little voice, I say, "Be patient, we'll get there! Just enjoy what you have now."

....and maybe get a fur baby soon, instead.



Enjoy it!!

No comments: