11.30.2008

An interesting Thanksgiving night...

Well, it has been a looooong weekend and I have been neglecting my blog like it was my job. So I will try to recap, without boring everyone to tears...

WEDNESDAY - It was KITTEN DAY! The kittens arrived at the house around 4:30. And they pretty much hated us. The woman who dropped them off graciously let us keep the carrier they were in for the weekend, which was good because she would have been there for about 4 hours waiting for them to come out. We got them all set up in the kitchen and that was that. Oscar came out first, began exploring and then promptly hid under the table and slept for the next couple hours. Viv wouldn't even come out of the crate. It took her until about 10pm to come out of her own free will. They warmed up enough to come out, run around and play, but not to let us pet them. They also weren't very happy when I had to put them back in the carrier for the night (don't ask, they were at my mom's house and she hates animals so these are the concessions I had to make).

THURSDAY - Got up and let the kittens out of the crate. Oscar ran up to me and let me pet him adn played around. Viv was comfortable enough to come near but if I tried to pet her, or pretty much just looked her in the eyes, she ran away. Also, they don't really want to be bothered with sitting with you (they are kittens after all, they have a lot of playing to do!) but they also don't like it if you aren't in the room with them. There were no accidents during the night, they are doing VERY well with their litter box and Viv FINALLY decided to come out and eat, which was good.

We first went to my mom's sister's for dinner. My great aunt that was there is like rubbing a cheese grater on your nerves, but other than that, we made it through. Came home, checked on the babies and then off to my dad's brother's for dessert. By the time we show up there, everyone else is winding down, so we only stayed for about an hour and a half. Which was ok because we were all just watching a movie anyway.

We ran back to my house, grabbed the babies, loaded everything up and headed back to Rochester. About half way, Kevin complained that his arms was kind of numb/tingly. I joked that he was having a heart attack and did he want me to stop. But he said he was fine and we kept going. Before we even made it to the next exit, he started feeling short of breath and he changed his mind. We pulled over near a trooper, and Kevin walked around for some fresh air. He felt better when he was standing, but still wanted to stop. We got off at the next exit, made a pit stop to a gas station for some Bayer and headed to the hospital. By the time we got there, he was feeling better but we'd rather be safe than sorry. He got all checked in, they took some blood and did an EKG. Mind you, the kittens are still (for the past hour) in the back seat of my car. So I had to leave Kevin, drive to the apartment, drop them off, and come back for him. We ended up being there from 10pm until 2:30am for what thankfully turned out to be nothing. I've decided (and the nurse agreed with me) that he was feeling funny, and when he thought about it more, he psyched himself out and had an anxiety attack. So it turned out to be nothing serious. Nothing like a late night trip to the ER to remind you what you are thankful for.

FRIDAY - Kevin slept until almost noon. I sorted coupons and went grocery shopping and spent an obscene amount of $$ on basically nothing. In the same plaza, I stopped at Bed Bath and Beyond and FINALLY got our bedding - this has been a HUGE pain, trying to find something we both agree on. Also, I ran into Michael's to grab some adhesive for my invitations. I went back home and CLEANED like there was no tomorrow. The kitchen, the bathroom, the living room. I emptied out all the closets and took empty boxes down to the storage in the basement. I vacuumed and scrubbed and sprayed and dusted. Whew! I'm tired just thinking about it. Then we went back out, picked up some wine for Thanksgiving w. Kevin's family the next day and also to Target. Target was a HUGE shopping spree. We had a TON of gift cards left from the shower that we hadn't used. We also had a George Foreman grill to return because we got two. SO we bought: 2 king size pillows (I didnt even realize king size beds had bigger pillows, until I opened up my lovely bed in a bad and held up the pillow shams...), a food processor, a Christmas decoration to put on the kitchen table, and lots of other little things. Then we stayed in for the night. I made quesadillas for dinner (one of Kevin's fave of my dishes) and we watched some things on the DVR. My buddy Oscar decided he was a scarf and laid in bed with me, across my neck. Seriously, they are too stinking cute. I just wish Viv liked us more....*sigh*

SATURDAY - Now it was my turn to sleep forever. I got up around 9, went back to bed at 10 for another almost 2 hours. Then I had to hurry up and get ready because we had Kevin's family Thanksgiving at his cousin's house at 1pm. It was pretty cramped there, about 15 people all hanging out in a tiny house. Dinner was delish, but I was able to control myself. But there was cobbler. Oh how i love the peach cobbler. But I was a good girl and only took one scoop. We played the longest game of Cranium on the face of the planet and didn't get home until about 6:30. Nothing much else, watched some hockey and my fave Christmas movie - White Christmas.

Seriously, if you have never seen this, I URGE you - watch it this year. It's adorable. It has great songs. And Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney, and its totally hysterical. One of my fave parts is when, Danny Kaye's character is trying to set Bing's character up with a woman, who is your typical dumb blonde. They walk away and Danny says: "Alright. She didn't go to Harvard. She didn't go to Smith." and Bing replies, "Go to Smith? She couldn't even spell it!" haha

AND now, I am back home. Kevin was going to a Bills game with his buddies (well, he was going to the 49ers, but it was in Buffalo, so its a Bills game) and I had to drop him off at 10:30....his friends had been there for at least an hour already. This is something I will never understand.

Well, I guess that is all for now. Kevin took some pictures of the kitties, but he didn't send them to me yet, so I guess we'll have to wait for that.

Enjoy it!!

1 comment:

Mrs. Boom said...

1. Yay for kittens and, I'm sure Viv will warm u to you both soon!
2. SO glad to hear Kevin is fine. SO scary.
3. Woo hoo for great Target shopping and new beding!
4. I LOVE White Christmas...one of my top fave holiday movies of all time.