11.13.2008

Stupid fake major

So one thing I am not really looking forward to about my post-wedding life is the fact that I will be leaving my job (not a huge travesty - it's certainly not my favorite thing) and going to... hmm, what will I be going to?

It makes it a lot more nerve-wracking to go from working two jobs, 60 hours a week, and being able to pay my own way, to probably working part time while job searching and depending very heavily on Kevin. I have been looking for jobs in the new city, using their helpwanted.com site and everything, checking out full time opportunities at my current part time gig....but nothing is catching my eye.

And perhaps this is because of the current state of the economy? I can't really afford to be picky. But also, I am so afraid to get stuck in some job that I hate (like I have been for the past 2-3 years) for a paycheck. I just haven't found It yet. I can tell you for sure that banking is not It.

I was getting very upset about this all last night, and Kevin, being the nice guy he is, was being sweet and saying "I just want to take care of you, I'll help you any way I can..." which just makes it worse. I don't want to be with you because I can't afford be on my own. Which is not really how I feel, but I feel like eventually he will be resentful that I'm such an economic leech. I dunno.

Keep me in your thoughts, that I can figure out what the heck it is I want to do with my life and stop wandering around these horrible corporate jobs I've been stuck in.

Enjoy it!

1 comment:

The Pittsburgh Pair said...

Hey, I am going through the exact same thing with my graduate degree and I posted a big long blog about it. At least now I know I am not the only one who feels this way! Are you also relocating after the wedding to a new city?