11.24.2008

The thing about...

taking a newly created position is that you walk into other people's BIG messes. Clearly, if things were going fine, they wouldn't have needed to create this position in the first place. Which is just fine and dandy - it means you get a job.

However for me it means I have inherited headache after headache and today is NO exception. Someone emailed me - "Can you please fix this one account, it has the wrong rep name on it?" which I could do very easily.

Until I noticed what the real issue was. And this issue led me to run a report which turned up another 2500 accounts with wrong info, that I will have to change...individually.

So for the next forever, I will be looking up accounts on one system, noting the social security # so I am able to look it up in system #2, correct in both systems and repeat...times 2500. Rock on.

Enjoy it! (cuz I'll be too busy)


**UPDATE - I am now being asked to come in on weekends. Come on people! I have 2 jobs and I'm planning a wedding, don't I sound busy enough? As if the damn invitations weren't enough to drive me to drink...**

2 comments:

Mrs. Boom said...

Ugh. Having to clean up someone else's mess is not fun! Just keep repeating, "It's only until February..."

Meg said...

Yucky, that sux!!! I agree with Jen, keep repeating that, and you'll be good!! less than 3 months!!! =)