11.03.2008

Well, I was feeling positive

Seriously, awesome weekend.

But now the nerves are back again.

I think the reason I am having such a tough time choosing a DJ is because of the other vendors I've chosen, namely our photographer and limo company.

On my local board on the Knot, I never saw negative things about the ones I had chosen...until after I put down a deposit. Then suddenly, everyone had gripes to share. The limo is not a huge concern, persay. I need it to get us to the church, to our locations for pictures and to the reception. Pretty much, as long as it runs and can get through the snow, I will be ok.

The complaints I have seen about them is that brides were shown nice, new limos at the shows and then that isn't what ended up in their driveways on the wedding day. Which, of course its nice to have something awesome, especially after shelling out the $$, but like I said, as long as it runs then we are ok. Other complaints have been about the radio or A/C working...definitely NOT huge concerns.

But the photographer....that is a big deal. I've seen their work, and they seem to do lots of fun types of things, creative poses and things. The prices were great and included the rights to all the photos, free of watermarks, etc. Which was very important to me.

Then a woman at work complained about this photog and I'm getting anxious. They employ about 8 different photogs there, and the one she had trouble with was the owner. She said he pretty much barked out instructions, didn't listen to her, and took generic pictures so there was nothing that made her pics stand out from someone else's.

Personally, I want the traditional posed pictures. I want to make sure I get our families in there, and the ones with the wedding party all lined up. But I still want some candid and fun pictures and I definitely do not want someone bossing me around on my wedding day...but how can I ask to NOT have the guy who owns the company be our photographer? I don't want to offend them, but this is something we will have forever and I want it to be surrounded by good memories. Ack! Stuck between a rock and a hard place, that's me....

And therefore I am now completely stuck on the DJ....have been for months. I mean, this is the person who will set the tone for the wedding. Either get people up dancing or leave them seated and want to leave early. What to do, what to do....

2 comments:

Mrs. Boom said...

OKay...breather. Make an appointment with your photogs. Go in and ask to see FULL albums of each photogs work. Then, tell them your top 2-3 faves and ask to have them assigned to your wedding.

Be VERY specific that you want traditional, posed family photos but, that you also want photojournalistic pics. If your package includes two photogs for the day, ask them to schedule one of each style strength for you. YOU are the consumer and you need to tell them what you want. YOu are paying for a service so, be clear on what you want them to deliver. Even print pics off the internet that you love to illustrate what you are thinking of.

Did you meet with the owner initially? DId you click with him/her?

Meagan said...

Jen, I met the owner at a bridal show, which is also where I saw their work. I liked him and really appreciated his suggestions about locations but I can totally see how he would turn all business on someone.

You are completely right, of course. I just need to man up and make an appointment soon.