9.29.2008

We're having a girl!

Well, not "us" persay. But Kevin's best friend (and best man) and his wife (who happens to be due 3 days after our wedding) - they had an ultrasound on Saturday morning and saw her...yay for new bebes!

We are especially excited for them because H was pregnant last year (and would have been due in early May, with twin boys). She lost the boys at five and a half months, big enough where she had to give birth, and had a funeral service. Not that the new baby can take their place, but this is something they have been trying for.

[My personal opinion on them having a baby right now is not quite so rosy. When H was pregnant with the boys, she would have had them and turned 21 a month later. She got married shortly after she turned 19, so I don't really understand their rush to have children, especially when they will tell you they have a hard time paying their bills. And when she has a year and a half left of college and goes on "sabbatical" when we all know she won't go back. Just think it's a little young, that is all.]

ALSO, we got a call from the Alfred Angelo store this weekend, and all the bridemaid dresses that were ordered are in. So on Thursday, when we drive up for the sixth and final bridesmaid to order her dress, I will pick up the other five. I'm pumped about it. And it was less than two months for it to come it. Hopefully Tyler, the hold-out bridesmaid, won't take too long for hers to come in either. Can't wait to see them all together!

Weekend recap:

FRIDAY- took the day off from work and the night off from Wegmans. It was glorious. I cleaned during the day mostly (not very well tho) and went out that evening


SATURDAY - breakfast and outlets with my cousin Tyler and her friend Shannon. I don't really like the outlets that much, mostly because I feel like clothes don't fit me well now and I don't like the shopping. But I did end up with a blue Nine West wallet that was originally $39 for $10 - yay! And they have a Corelle outlet there so I went in to look for my everyday dishes. My mother was planning to buy them for me as a shower gift, but I had found them online @ Target, and shipping was as much as a set of dishes. So I said I would look for them - they had them, and even cheaper than online! I was glad I saw them in person, because I didn't end up liking the ones from online. But I got these, to the right. It's their pattern called "Secret Garden." Of course, I was in the store for approx 1 hour trying to choose...I like the square dishes (but they are more expensive and also the bowls are kind of funny) and I like the modern pattern dishes (but I worry that five years from now they will just look dated and out of style) so I went for a more classic kind of look.

Saturday was also excellent because I got to see KEVIN! For the first time in 3 weeks! I've missed him. I know we talk a lot, but it is so crappy being away all the time. We have never lived in the same city, so I think just knowing that I can see him everyday will be my favorite thing when we get married. We went out to a late lunch together and to Tuxedo Junction to pick out the colors for Kevin and our groomsmen. Then we were just hanging out at my house when Kevin's friend J called. They were headed up to our area for dinner and wanted to know if we wanted to come. We said we ate but would meet them for dessert, or a few beers. So they agreed. About 2 hours later they called for directions from the exit, but added that D, one of the guys, had gotten sick on the car ride. So they came over, we gave them some cleaner and febreeze, ordered a pizza, picked up some beer and just hung out at my house. It was really nice and relaxed. Also, they told us the baby's name....Autumn. Not my favorite (I'm not into the seasons, or months, or days of the week) but its not my kid. If you want to name you baby (born in the winter) after the fall, go ahead...whatever blows your dress up. Kevin was drinking so I was supposed to drive him to his brother's but he ended up just staying at my house in my sister's bed.

SUNDAY - It was my grandfather's 89th birthday, so we had our usual big turkey dinner - his favorite. Then we hung out and ordered ice cream from our favorite place - it was their last Sunday. I always make the list and pick it up...this week we had 13 different things! Had to go out with a bang, right? After that, we had to head to my house because I had to work last night. Kevin started loading the rest of the shower things into his car but his trunk was a mess. Kevin used to work at a pasta factory and got free pasta, which he kept back there. Well at least 2 boxes busted open because I spent 45 minutes shopvac-ing elbows, linguine and penne before he could load up. He left and I was off to work till 11:30, yahoo!

And here we are, Monday morning. Back to the old grind....

Enjoy it!!

3 comments:

Mrs. Boom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Boom said...

Hey...you made me nervous for you for a second!!!
Yay for healthy babies, dresses coming in early and that you got to see FI! Sounds like a great weekend overall :)

The Pittsburgh Pair said...

I am in a long distance relationship too and it sucks...can't wait to see him everyday starting February 28th! :) How far apart are you two?