9.10.2008

Reading Fiend

Last night I finished yet another book!! This one was called "It Had to Be You" by Sarah Webb, about 3 friends in a fictional Irish village. I really enjoyed it and it was an easy read (must have been, I just started it on Sunday). So that brings me to 3 books in the last 10 days. Watch out!

Today I had a one-on-one with my boss, as it has been about 6 months since I started this job. Seeing as tho I am easily distracted - you know, theknot, blogging, wedding nonsense - I was a little nervy. Actually, whenever I have to meet with a boss I am nervy. I know I have been a little distracted here lately, but that is not to say I am a bad employee. Just have a short attention span, and need something to keep me interested. BUT the point....

My boss <3's me. And told me she thinks I've been doing "an amazing job" and she got "nothing but great comments from others about what an improvement I am and how helpful"....score one, Meagan! At my old job, my boss and I were pretty tight and were friendly but this one is a little more distant, so I wasn't entirely sure what she had been thinking. So this was a wonderful compliment.

Tonight I am hanging out with Kara, my oldest friend. We have know each other since kindergarten - my mom has a home video of me telling her about my first day of school and she asks "Who did you sit with on the bus?" and I said "Today I sat with Julianne but tomorrow I am going to sit with my new friend Kara"... and thus the friendship was born. Its been tougher getting together lately, me with my jobs and her with her bf, but we are usually able to get together once a week or so. Which I love. Today, we are going to look for outfits for my shower - its only 10 days from today!!! For my mother-in-law and her friends and family.

Most of them live about an hour from where I do, and its easier for them to have one out that way. Best part - its at a place called Hawley's Lumberyard, which is actually a really nice restaurant (we've been there before) inside a renovated barn that's been there for approx 100 years. So my friends got the invites and were like, "Um, you shower is in a Lumberyard?!" - Kevin is from the country, so you never really know right? Too funny!!

Anyhow, shower outfits! I need something cute and fall-ish, and Kara is trying to revamp her wardrobe, one piece at a time. Let's see how it goes!

Enjoy it!

2 comments:

Mrs. Boom said...

Yay for a good review and have a great time!!!

Meg said...

Sounds like a great book!!! Have a wonderful time shopping for your shower outfit!!!