9.22.2008

Live every second

The sad fact of life is that sometimes it takes something horrible to make you appreciate just how good you have it.

Sunday morning, there was a 3 alarm fire in a small town about an hour away from where I live. Five people were in the house - mom, dad and 3 young children. The two youngest were trapped in the house and never made it out. The others are in critical condition in an area hospital. They aren't sure that the mother or child will make it. This is my friend Linda's family - her son, daughter-in-law and 3 grandchilren.

I can't even imagine the pain she and her family must be feeling. It makes me sick to my stomach to just think about it. Those poor children must have been so scared. I wish there was something to do, but how can you even comfort someone? What is there to say? I don't know.

Please keep Linda and her family in your prayers - they certainly could use your thoughts at this horrible time.

No comments: