9.18.2008

Someone else's bed

This week, I have taken to sleeping in my sister's bed. She is spending this semester studying abroad in England (let's not even get into how jealous I am) and therefore, doens't need it. It's not really that it is more comfy - we both have new-ish pillowtops. Truthfully, its because her room is cleaner (as no one has been living there for the past few weeks). And also, I had to surrender my nice big tv to FI for the apartment, and I really miss watching my crappy movies when I go to bed (my personal favorite is Meet Me in St. Louis, with Judy Garland). Emily's computer has a DVD player, so I just pop something in there and fall right asleep. Lovely.

Speaking of beds, I am trying to convince Kevin that we should get a king size bed. Currently, every piece of furniture we have is a hand-me-down, including our mattress. It's not comfy and it hurts my back, so we have been thinking about updating that anyhow. We do not have a bed frame yet (we are so WT) and so I say - Go big or go home! Normally an attitude that Kevin appreciates. But he is a bit worried about the $$ factor. A queen to a king mattress is quite a jump, and clearly (as we have all hand-me-down furniture and a craptastic apt) we are not rolling in it. My thinking here is, if we have to get a new mattress and think we may want a king down the line, we should just get it now. Once we already have a frame and appropriate bedding and all those things, it will be more expensive to switch, should we decide to. So before we have any bed things whatsoever (save the pair of sheets his mom sent him with, and a fuzzy blanket), things we would have to replace, I say - lets get it! So today I decided I am saving my Wegman's checks to go towards that. I pulled up my WebBanking and retroactively saved the last 3 weeks into a different account, plus the one I just got today. As of next week, we will be half way there! Fingers crossed!!

Enjoy it!

2 comments:

Mrs. Boom said...

Go with the king. Good plan. As a girl who is currently (and for the forseeable future) sharing a full-size with a boy, I am telling you - go. for. it!

Meg said...

Ahhh a King sounds sooo wonderful!!!! I have a queen, but a king would just be HEAVEN!!!

P.s. I triple heart Meet me in St. Louis, Judy Garland is breathtaking in it!!!! I love her red cape she wears in it!!