9.08.2008

Good book

For once, a weekend that wasn't completely packed full...*sigh* it was loverly.

Friday night, I was mysteriously off from Wegmans (which NEVER happens on a Friday) so I wanted to go up to the apartment and hang out with Kevin. Of course, my parents were having massive issues with this as we are not married. And kept saying, "It's KEVIN's apartment" to which I reply "MY name is on the lease. And I paid the rent this month. And the cable! It's my apartment too." But whatever. My dad said there was a good possibility that my stuff would be at the curb when I came home on Sunday (which I knew wasn't true but I was a little concerned about the cut off from wedding funding). But I wanted to go this weekend, because now I won't be able to see Kevin until the weekend of Sept 27 - almost 3 weeks!!

Anyhow, I went to the apartment and it was fine. Kevin made me dinner (one of those pouches that you dump in a pot - chicken parm) and we just relaxed.

Saturday morning we went out to breakfast. Breakfast is my favorite meal and there is a fab diner by Kevin's house in the sticks that we love to go to, so now we have to find a place near the new apartment. Let me tell you, the place we went was NOT it. Not that it was horrible, it just wasn't our normal diner experience. BUT in the same plaza I also got to go look at the puppies. I need a puppy... everytime we go to a pet store, I pick out the one I like and give it a name. But we just can't have one right now. Sad face. Also on Saturday, we went looking for recliners. Kevin's been pining after one for a while now but grossly underestimated how much one would cost. We went one place and found one he liked and it was $1100 + $119 delivery fee. Holy crow! Also, we tried out a Mexican restaurant nearby - it was ok, I got chicken quesadilla (which is my fave) but it needed a little more flavor, perhaps some Franks hot sauce lol. And watched a movie. And grocery shopped so we could make breakfast the next day lol.

Sunday I made pancakes and we hung out for a while, enjoying the cool tv with the lovely digital cable and the extra lovely (and my favorite) DVR. Then I had to go home - I went straight to my grandmother's and helped her get ready for dinner and then everyone was over and we had some yummy-scrumbos pork chops and applesauce and potatoes. Delish! And my aunt was helping me knit. I like to knit but I am slow. I'm telling you, she could have finished my whole scarf in an hour. I'll finish it in 2 months.

BEST PART of this weekend - I read a book, a whole book in like 3 days. It was so so good. Called "Until the Real Thing Comes Along" by Elizabeth Berg. She is a wonderful writer if you like something sweet, with just a little bit of sad added in. I've read another one of her books called "Dream When You're Feeling Blue" set around WWII. Excellent! Seriously, if you're looking for an easy read, try these out. They are excellent.

5 comments:

Little Ol' Me said...

the book 'twilight' is really good, and an easy read for a quiet weekend :)

Meg said...

Oooh I'm gonna have to check out her books!! Especially the WWII era book!!! Sounds great!!!

I'm glad you got to spend the weekend with FI and that everything turned out fine, YAY!!! Recliners are expensive!! But they are suuuper comfy, and great for naps!! =)

Mrs. Boom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Boom said...

Sounds like it really was great! Sorry about the drama around going to your own home. You're almost there! I'll have to check out the book rec - I'm always looking for more good reads!

I just finished "A More Perfect Union" on Carrie's recommendation. I'm sure you'd enjoy it too!

Meagan said...

Jen, I actually read that earlier in the week! I loved it. She was such a riot, plus it made me feel better that its not really my fault that I feel the need for everything to coordinate and be a certain color/theme - the industry is set up to make us want that haha.