9.04.2008

Ahh, vacation...

I had a glorious time off! Let's recap, shall we?

Friday - WORK! Seriously, I worked 7:30am-4pm, and then 6pm-2:30am...I am a glutton for punishment.

Saturday - Family picnic. I got a lot of "So when is the big day?" and "Where IS he?" Kevin was coming back from his week of working in Canada, and was not able to come and visit my lovely family. Also, got one of these "You're getting married?! You're younger than me!"...not really sure how to respond to that.
Poor Kevin got stuck at the border for over an hour - apparently they were having some sort of a malfunction with their radiation sensor because about 5 cars in a row got detained and then let go at the same time. Glad everything worked out ok.

Sunday - Spraypainted my ugly lamps. First with a textured paint to cover up the ugly, etched in butterflies. Then with a metallic silver. They turned out very nice, if I do say so myself. I didn't take any pictures, but maybe I will remember this weekend. The only before picture I have is on my cell, but I need to show the difference. I will try and figure it out.
Post spray-painting, I went to my grandmother's house and had a labor day picnic with the other side of the family. Then on to a birthday party for my friend and finally home to bed.

Monday - Woke up super early (5am) and couldn't sleep - my tummy hurt :( so I put on a movie for a while and finally fell back asleep. Woke up for real around 8 and right away showered and got dressed because it was MOVING DAY!! My dad went and talked to the U-Haul people and instead of picking up a 10' truck at 12:15, we got a slightly bigger 14' truck at no extra charge at 10am. So we picked that up, went to my one aunt's house and collected our kitchen table and chairs, and couch. Then back to my house to get the 3 wingback chairs, lamps, side tables, BIG tv, kitchen supplies, and vacuum. My dad went to Kevin's parents house where they added on a mattress and box spring, Kevin's computer, a desk and a night stand. (Kevin had already moved all the stuff from his old apartment to the new place so that was all there). Then we all met up at the new apartment and started lugging things up the stairs. Luckily they were very WIDE so it wasn't too difficult (it was especially not too difficult for me as my dad and Kevin did most of the moving lol). My parents dropped off the truck on their way home and left Kevin and I to set things up. Kevin filled the one bedroom with all his things from the old apartment/room, so that would be his project for another time. Our bedroom wasn't very hard to set up as the only things we have are a mattress and a boxspring lol. Actually, we don't have a TON of stuff, so it didn't really take that long to empty anything or set things up. But its definitely a work in progress. We went out to dinner to celebrate and then to Target to stock up on some things.

Tuesday - Kevin had to work, but I had off so I got a good-bye kiss and got to sleep for a while longer. It was a slow day because I was hanging around the apartment for the gas and electricity to be set up. The guy was supposed to call 20 mins before he was coming, so I was just hanging out all day, with no cable and nothing to do. Actually, we got this shelf thing to put in the bathroom but I got stuck and I didn't want to ruin it, so I just left it for Kevin lol. I met up with Kevin for lunch (still no phone call). I watched approx a million movies. When Kevin came home we finished setting up the shelf. We made dinner and started talking about our "Hard Questions." Then ice cream and yet another trip to Target to get some other things we thought about. Lovely evening with my hunny bunny.

Wednesday - Kevin got up and went to work again, and I slept a while longer. I got up and ready around 8, on the road by 8:30 for home. I had lunch plans with my grandmother, but she had gone out to breakfast so instead we met up with my aunt and her two boys (8 & 6) for ice cream after the first day of school. After that, I went out to dinner with my friend Kara. We had Olive Garden - yummy! and then stopped and got some cardstock so I could start my "wish" cards for the reception. I got a dark green and a light green and used my embosser to put our initial in the corner. It turned out very cute, simple but elegant.
Oh oh oh, last night I watched America's Next Top Model and this is shaping up to be a good season. Very bold personalities. Seriously, Tyra is a complete trainwreck and I can't help myself. I am so glad tv is coming back - there is nothing on in the summer. Also, now that we have DVR at the apartment, I can have Kevin tape my shows and I can watch them when I get a chance later on. Yahoo!

And now, back to work.....blah

Enjoy it!!

1 comment:

Mrs. Boom said...

Woo hoo! Sounds like the move really went well. That's great! Enjoy the time that you get to spend there before the wedding :)