9.17.2008

One Glorious Hour...

Last night, in between jobs, I squeezed in a little me-time for some pampering. A spa in the area had $10 off pedicures and I made myself an appt. It was SO worth it. I seriously need to do that more often. I haven't had a pedicure since I was going to prom, so it was a long time coming.

When I got there, I sat in the lovely massage chair, and soaked my feet in warm water, with the jets (seriously, I have a goofy grin on my face just thinking about how nice it was). The girl exfoliated, wrapped my feet and legs in warm towels, fixed my toes up nice, one leg at a time. Then there was yummy strawberry lotion, and a little foot massage. And then she painted my toes a lovely champagne color and set me off to dry. It was ah-mazing. Thank you Marissa, you are the best!!

After that I just got to hang out at home for a while, made a yummy quesadilla for dinner, and watched some TLC until I had to go back to work. It was a nice evening.


One a craptastic note, one of my bridesmaids just informed me that she will not be attending my shower in October. She lives out of town, so I knew this would be a possibility - a 5 hour drive is a lot. However, that is not why I am upset. I am upset because of her reason for missing. She is going to Texas to visit another friend instead. Plans she made after knowing when my shower was. So I'm being blown off. Which kind of sucks. I'm trying to be understanding, because she doesn't see this friend often, but when your own bridesmaids are blowing you off (and when your biggest fear about the wedding is that no one will show up), it kind of hurts. Oh well. I am not going to pitch a fit about it or anything, just needed to get it off my chest.

1 comment:

Mrs. Boom said...

Oooo..a pedicure! I really need one. Sounds so good right now!
I'm sorry again about your friend. You have the right to wallow a little. It sucks! Just don't let it ruin anything for you.