9.22.2008

Shower Weekend!

This Saturday was the first of my two bridal showers, hosted by my future mother-in-law, Judy. It was a small gathering, about 15 people, at a nice restaurant out in the country (where Kevin in from). Three out of my six bridesmaids were able to make it, and I was very glad for their company. My mom came along as well.




This is me at the shower. Judy made that cake - there is a cluster of flowers on the top, and she got edible glitter stuff so the top looked like snow, for our winter wedding.







These are my bridesmaids, sitting at one of the tables at the restaurant. Hi girls!



Me, opening gifts. This was sort of awkward in general. I don't really enjoy being the center of attention, so everyone watching me while I opened their presents was sort of weird. This one is a Martha Stewart skillet - yay Martha! The standing bridesmaid is my bff Kara, who I have been friends with since we were 5. The seated one is Colleen, who I met at 10 when we moved to our new house.




Here we are, some more gifts. This one was from Kevin's cousin Jen, she gave us a game - Cranium - and a sign that says "Home is where our story begins". I can't wait to have some family games nights in the new apartment!


I have a ton of pictures, but quite honestly they are all of my opening gifts, which is boring, and also, when I am seating I feel like I look like a blueberry in that dress. Oh well.



My mother went out and got the invitations for the shower she is having - there will be about 55 women there. A lot more things to open, oh good heavens. But at least this will be my family (whose names I know because they don't all start with J) and friends. The invitations are super adorable.


These are the invites - you print them out on your own and then there is a little bow and piece of tulle that you stick on it. It is kind of hard to see in the pictures, but they are so sweet.

Also, Saturday night, a huge group of my friends went out and sang karaoke, which was a riot! We were all drunk and ridiculous but it was such a good time. I will definitely be going back there. They had our wedding song there too, which is not a song that is popular or on the radio...perhaps if Kevin was there, he would have been serenaded. Hahaha!

All in all, it was a lovely day and I had a great time. Now, on to the thank you cards...

Enjoy it!

2 comments:

Meg said...

Meag, it looks like your shower was wonderful!!! Cranium is such a super fun game!! We have both editions and need to order new cards for them cause we play it soo much!!! FI and I are raining champs!! hehe

Melly said...

looks like you had a great time!!!

*Melly