1.21.2009

Weekends are my favorite <3

Well then. I have finally returned to my bloggy domain. And boy do I have some stories…. I was trying to hold off on these until I could add in the pictures, but it will just have to wait – I’ve missed you too much!!

So then, this was a big huge super fun weekend for me. It almost makes up for all the torture of the wedding and invitations and nonsense haha.

But seriously…

I took off right after work on Friday and drove up to the apartment to start preparing for my friends. I knew they were meeting in Albany around 4, so I could expect them around 7:30. I wasn’t sure if they would have eaten dinner so I had a lot of munchies to make.

I started right away and boiled some chicken, both for quesadillas (yum!) and also for some chicken wing dip (which I knew I had to make very mild, since they don’t like spicy things…). I dumped grape jelly and chili sauce and turkey meatballs into my crockpot and put it on low. I melted butter and brown sugar to start out my Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip. Then I tackled the bathroom.

I scrubbed and scraped, shook out the rugs and put out clean towels. I lit the yummy candle so it didn’t smell like boy in there and rinsed everything off. Kevin has no concept of clean when it comes to the bathroom.

When the girls showed up, everything was ready and we got right down to it – beer and wine in the fridge, snacks on the table and a small country’s worth of belongings strewn about my living room. Kevin would be coming home to quite the sight.

We chatted and caught up and had a few drinks and ate our weight in bad-for-you-but-mmm-so-good snacks. When Kevin came home, he drove us out to the bars and dropped us off. We met up with a couple of friends. At this point, I have been going all day on about 5 hours of sleep, plus mixing a depressant (thanks booze) in resulted in my, snoozing at the bar. I have definitely had finer moments, but this is not so bad.

Kevin came to pick us up….which actually turned out to be unnecessary because Carolyn (one of my bridesmaids) had met up with Rick, the guy she is bringing to the wedding, so he offered to drive us home. So Kevin took me, Meg and Cair went with Rick and Kelli went with Old Man Rick, the gentleman friend she sees in Rochester. He’s a pretty good guy, so that was ok.

Cair and Rick took the air mattress in the living room (which thankfully the kittens took mercy on and decided to spare it from their claws), and Meg had the spare room all to herself.

The next morning, I was up early and then the girls started making noise. Kevin cursed and grumbled, “Don’t your friends ever sleep?” since apparently they had been up pretty late the night before. But we all reconvened in the second bedroom to discuss the night before and all the craziness that had happened (including but not limited to my unconventional napping spot) – I missed this since school. We ALWAYS used to de-brief after a night out.

We headed out for some breakfast and then to the mall. I tried on a smaller size of pants and miraculously – they fit! Of course this may not be the case anymore, after the weekend-o-empty calories, but still…..

We headed home and the girls went out to Party City to buy some supplies. While they were gone, I put my hair up in curlers and laid down to nap for a while – glorious! Napping is a wonderful thing <3

The girls came back and napped too and then the fun began. I made some quesadillas (way to be prepared, Meagan!) for dinner and downed my first energy drink – spare me the lecture, I couldn’t fall asleep at the bar two nights in a row! They brought some delicious margaritas with them, so we all had some of that, took turns getting in the shower and drying hair and putting on makeup. After we were all dolled up, the girls gave me my presents – a flashing sash, a light up bling ring, a “Bride to Be” pin, and a veil! Too funny!

Then we toasted in the evening with some yummy champagne, danced, drank and played a few games until it was late enough to head out. On the road, I drank my second energy drink (I know, I know, I’m rotting my insides). We went to a bar called The Pig and hung out there for a while. We ran into a couple people we knew from college, including one who knew Kevin and was wishing us the best and everything.

We left the Pig and headed over to Daisy Dukes – you know, the country bar. I love it there. And then….I RODE THE BULL! Seriously. After drinking, I dragged my fat ass up and rode the bull. It was so HIGH and SCARY and ridiculous. There is a trick to the bull. You have to be confident enough to do it fast. And I am not. So the guy would just jerk it around real slow, and it just made it even more difficult to hang on. I have been bucked off of these before, but this time I just gracefully…slid off. I had a blast!

After I got off, my legs were shaking and we went to the bathroom where we ran into Julia, a girl we went to college with. It was great to see her and we all went out and did a shot together. Then we headed upstairs from Daisy Dukes to a different bar, where they have music and dancing. Time to shake what our mamas gave us!

We danced for the rest of the night. It was a ton of fun. Old man Rick and his brother mysteriously showed up. Old Man Rick’s brother was hanging on Meg, and kept putting his arm around me and being a creep and I didn’t really enjoy that, but I was the only one who wasn’t dancing with a guy so I guess he didn’t want me to feel left out or something? Whatever, it helped when other guys came dancing up. I was like, um…dude – do you not see the sash and veil? I don’t need weird guys dancing up on me.

Closing time rolled around and Cair got picked up by Rick, Old Man Rick and his brother took Meg and Kelli out and Kevin came to get me. Funny how I always went home alone… Kevin took me out to stop for a garbage plate – which was on the house, due to all my wedding paraphernalia. Also, Kevin ran into the bathroom really quick and another man proposed to me, and the woman he was sitting with volunteered to be my maid of honor. So when Kevin came out of the bathroom, the man asked “Is this the guy?” and the whole place started cheering. It was so fun!

Sunday morning rolled around and we knew it was going to be a lazy day. Carolyn’s car, which she had left on the street, had mysteriously disappeared – it had been TOWED! So we had to go get it out….luckily 1 – it was there and they were open and 2 – it had only been towed and not stolen! She was pretty angry, but I did tell her not to park on the street….

We just hung around all afternoon, relaxing, eating some McDonalds and watching the Top Model marathon on Oxygen….glorious.

I <3 my friends – they are so awesome! I really enjoyed having them there…and guess what?! They are talking about moving back when their lease is up! I could have friends in my new city!!!! AWESOME!

Enjoy it!

No comments: