1.12.2009

Sneaking up

I can't believe how quickly the time is going, now that we are getting down to the end. I'm sorry that all my posts lately have been about the wedding, but I seriously don't have time for ANYTHING else.

Wedding checks:
--We booked a DJ! FINALLY! With a mere 41 days to go, we finally called and booked someone
--My friend sent me the enlarged pieces to my aisle runner, so I can start working on that tonight
--I decided I am going to put my monogram on the front of the programs, so I shrunk it to the right size and set that up. Once I get a new color ink cartridge I can print one out and take it to be copied. Oh, and I ordered the paper I need to work on this!
--I have delegated the making of the card box to my very handy father, so hopefully he will start working on that and then I can finish it
--I went in for a fitting so my dress is being hemmed and bustled (European style) and I also have a crinoline now.

And then there is my mother. She still needs a dress. And we do not agree. She likes this very simple dress, which is a very nice dress but looks like you are wearing a business suit but with a long skirt. And I like another dress she tried, that is a little more flashy and a little more of a "gown" rather than a "dress-suit". I just thought she would want something a little more dressed up than what she is liking right now. I know she wants that first dress but she wants me to like what she is wearing, so she doesn't want to get it. So I don't know. Because I am not going to like it any better. But if that is what she wants, then fine. She needs a dress and we are waiting too long as it is.

ALSO, speaking of my mother and sneaking up....it's her 50th birthday today! SO Happy birthday Mom! Love you, even if you like boring dresses.

Enjoy it!

No comments: