1.13.2009

Aisle Runner

So I finally got to work on my aisle runner yesterday. I traced and traced the outline of the HUGE monogram I designed and finished that in about 45 minutes.

Today I ran out and got some paints (which turned into a huge debate on the merits of the three different light greens). Then I started to work:


Quite honestly, I'm not 100% happy with it. I don't know if I didn't trace Kevin's name dark enough or if I was just getting sloppy but my name looks so nice and his looks so....thick. My mom keeps trying to tell me that is just how the letters in his name are. Oh well, it IS on the ground and people won't be analyzing it like I will.....we'll see if I can let it slide. I might need to try it again. It really only took about 2 hours total, so it wouldn't be too bad. Gosh, every time I look at it, I hate it more. I did not have this problem when I made Steph's. Grr....

Also, I finally managed to start cleaning my room out. I seperated my clothes into "Keep," "Honeymoon," "Take to apt.," and "Goodwill." Normally I have a really hard time getting rid of things, but I know there is no way I will be able to fit all this stuff into the apartment without it ending up a HUGE mess like my room is. The hardest things to get rid of are right on top: the pink pants and the red pants. I love those pants. I thought I was so cool. I haven't fit into those pants in about 3 years. Oh well. A lot of the clothes I am getting rid of are actually in really good condition, so hopefully some people will get good use out of them and be able to keep warm this winter.



Enjoy it!!

1 comment:

Little Ol' Me said...

you did a GREAT job on the aisle runner...I wish I was half as talented enough to do that!