2.03.2009

You win some, you lose some

So this weekend was interesting - I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned some more, filled a couple of boxes to send with Kevin to the apartment and filled up garbage bags and a recycling bin full of junk. My mom, her friend Mrs. Q and I worked on favors. I went to the baby shower for Heather, the Best Man Justin's wife. I didn't know anyone there and Kevin's ex ended up sitting next to me, but she was fine, friendly even, so I guess that worked out ok.

I had a FANTASTIC Monday morning - I was in an amazing mood because Kevin came to pick me up at work and we went to get our marriage license. Any excuse to see Kevin is a good one. But this was SO exciting. Of course Kevin was all, "*grumble grumble* don't know why there aren't lines on the roads *grumble mumble* signs to mark the one-way streets *grumble*"...he doesn't enjoy driving downtown haha.

Here we are, marriage license in hand...
After work, I headed out to the dress shop to pick up my dress - so exciting. And then my day his a low point. I slipped on some ice in the parking lot and fell. I skinned my knee and bruised up my hands. Big old dummy. After I washed my hands and bandaged my knee (thankfully I didn't rip my new pants!), I headed in to try on the dress for the last time before the wedding. My dress has a chiffon overlay on it, and its longer than the actual dress. And to me, it looked like the hem on one side was higher than the other, and there was what looked like two little snags on the front of the chiffon and I didn't love the whole bustle, but its just a litle too late now. Plus, right now we were really scrutinizing it, which no one will be doing the day of, and they weren't things you would see in pictures.

The dress is living at my great aunt's right now, so that it won't get ruined here... I just realized that I paid for a crinoline but I don't know if I took it home (wrapped with the dress) or not....I will have to check with my mom, since she had the dress in her car.

I worked till midnight tonight. Work at 7:30 tomorrow morning, then a meeting with the music director at church tomorrow at 4:30. Then hopefully finishing cleaning and maybe doing some nothing, because I'm hitting a rough patch.

Enjoy it!!

No comments: