2.09.2009

Sniffles and watery eyes

So I called in to work on Friday. I slept in for an extra 3 hours. I laid in bed for two more. I made myself some breakfast, went to AAA and picked up our honeymoon tickets, stopped at Borders to pick up some things and grabbed dinner with my grandparents. I worked at the grocery store and passed out in bed.

Saturday, I carried a box of tissues around with me like a safety blanket. My mom and I went out to the dress shop to pick out her dress, finally. We have a WINNER! I love love love it - it is a beautiful navy blue color and she looks great - what a relief! Now it just needs to be altered. Then I took off to Rochester, and when I got to the apartment, I took a nap for more than an hour. Kevin and I went out for some lunch - Red Robin, yummmmm! Then ran a few errands and by the time we were done, I was EXHAUSTED! It was only 6:30 pm, but I put on my pjs and snuggled up in bed. Which is also where I spent the majority of Sunday. By dinner time on Sunday, I had finished a whole box of tissues, and a whole pint of lowfat Half-Baked B&Js fro-yo (its not really low fat anymore when you eat the whole container, is it?). And I was wiped. So I stayed the night again and just got up early with Kevin this morning to head back to B-lo. Kevin had to be at work at 6am today, so he woke me up before he went in. It was a rough ride in and I was having a hard time staying awake, but I think I will make it through the day. I am feeling a little bit better, and I haven't fallen asleep at my desk yet, so I am rejoicing in the small victories.

My friend Ann is taking me out to lunch today and I am excited to get the heck out of here for a little while. It will be nice to take a break. Also, pretty much everyone in my office is sick, and even my big boss called in today, so I don't really feel so bad about being a wimp on Friday and not just toughing it out. Normally I would just try and work through it, but with the wedding so close, I need to get better and that won't happen if I never get to rest.

Enjoy it!!

No comments: