10.14.2009

Meagan and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Well the last two days have just been packed with no good, very bad news. 

1. Firstly, my sister is sick. Really sick. 103 fever, possible swine flu kind of sick. And she is also in New Jersey, while we are all in Western New York, which makes it tough because you know she is miserable but can't take care of her. Poor Beany. 

2. I did not get the job I just applied and had an interview for. On one hand, it still turned out ok, because the recruiter, who recruits for a lot of HR positions which is where I want to be, really liked me and said she was sorry she wouldn't be giving me a second interview because she thought I was great but that this job wouldn't be a good fit for me. I suppose she knows the job better than I do, but I thought it sounded pretty cool. But on the other hand, I'm still working part time at a grocery store, fighting for hours, working until midnight or later, and completely getting shafted. It's just really not conducive to the kind of life I want right now, you know, one where I can have friends and go out for a drink together after work, and have babies and be able to get day care for them since we don't live by any family who could help us out. Oh well....just keep plugging away. At least she knows my name and liked me, right?

3. My Uncle Mike has been very very sick with esophageal cancer, and it has been very aggressive. It has spread and there is a tumor growing on one of his vertebrae, which has turned the bone to soft tissue. The doctors have given him six months to live. We all just keep praying. He was diagnosed with this cancer in May and since then it has just been a whirlwind of bad news after bad news. I know it is especially hard for them because they are not near family; both my aunt and uncle are from Buffalo but now live in PA about 7 hours away. My mom, and two of my aunts went to visit them this weekend. So if you have some spare thoughts and prayers, please send them over. 

Sorry for the downer post, but I had to get it all out. 

No comments: