10.19.2009

Last Wedding of the Season....

Kevin's brother Nate got married on Saturday! Everything turned out beautifully, even though the day was gloomy and unseasonably cold. The wedding was quick and dirty - it took about 5 minutes from the introductions to the procession out - and was performed by a friend. Seriously, I couldn't get over it. Nate was SO nervous all morning, and was blubbering like a baby when Jennie walked down the aisle, and hadn't even had time to regain his composure and they were walking out. But we are so happy for them.

Lots of interesting things happened at the wedding, also. Firstly, one of Kevin's cousins just had a baby not that long ago, so she was there (Zaniah, altho I don't know if that is how it is spelled) with her grandparents, Jeff and Tina. Who are apparently still feuding with with Kevin's other aunt, June, which I found out when I let June hold the baby after me and then I got swatted and yelled at by Tina...thanks for the warning Kevin. Also there was Aunt Kay, who was not invited to our wedding because she and Kevin's mother haven't spoken in years and years. Are you noticing a trend here? There are a lot of fights going on, and quite frankly its hard enough for me to keep the names straight because most of them begin with J, so I can't keep the fights straight too. Seriously. This makes me glad we don't see Kevin's extended family very often. 

Onto the good news at the wedding. We got our wedding video!! Kevin's cousin Jennie and I worked together in Buffalo and her husband offered to do some video for us on our wedding day and we've been patiently waiting for them to put it together (especially since they did it for us for nothing) and we finally got to watch it! I am so glad they offered, because I loved it! Its nothing fancy, very home-movie like, but it is so nice to look back and see everyone there and remember all these funny little things. 

Second piece of good news: Kevin's friend *might be* expecting! I say might be because Sara is in denial about the little pink plus that appeared on her test. We are very excited for them, and are now facing intense pressure for her and her husband Derek, and also our friends Justin and Heather, who have these grand visions of all of our kids being the same age and having play dates and so on.... I told them, I'm not the one you need to convince.

Well here's the pictures:

This is from the rehearsal dinner - Nate got the groomsmen glasses with logos of their favorite sports team on them, so that is why there is bubble wrap everywhere. This is Nate's friend Kurt, his (and Kevin's) little brother Randy, and their dad Les

Here's Kevin, playing with the bubble wrap

Its reeeeeally dark, because I was sitting back a bit, but this is Nate (on the right) and their friend Adam, who performed the ceremony

Dan and Megan

Randy, and one of the bride's sisters

Kevin and the other sister of the bride...but I don't remember their names

Best Man, Adam and Matron of Honor, Michelle

Jennie and her dad

The first dance!


Kevin and I, after I changed out of my dress and into my dancing shoes!


Kevin's best friend Justin and his wife Heather


The boys dedicated a song to their parents - it was Randy Travis "Forever and Ever, Amen"...so sweet! 


The end!

No comments: