6.17.2009

Getting there...

Tonight my friend Carolyn captured me and we had a good old-fashioned girls night...mall in the afternoon, dinner at Taco Bell and movie in the evening. It was a lot of fun to hang out with my girl friends, but I was glad to get home too. 

Thursday is my birthday. I will be 24 years old. I am feeling about 106. I dunno. The desire to have a baby is only making me feel older, like time is RUNNING by me and I can barely keep up. I just keep thinking, "Holy crow, I'm almost 50!" ((think that scene in "When Harry Met Sally" where he comes over to comfort her and she says "I'm going to be 40!" and he says "In 8 YEARS!"...."but its still out there."))

I know I am being silly but I want more from my life than to be working part-time for measly wages at a grocery store with a crap schedule. Being with my husband makes me so so happy but I have been unusually weepy lately and its kind of unnerving. It just seems like I should be farther already. I guess I have always been in a hurry. Call it the curse of the first child. I was 3 weeks early because I couldn't wait to get out, and I've been in a rush to grow up ever since. 

Fingers crossed, I can slow down and appreciate all that I have. Enjoy it!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Oh my.. I almost had a panic attack on the day of my 25th birthday, last year. See... when I was younger, I always said or wanted to be married by 25 and have 2 kids. Yeah... I'm now 26, not even engaged, no kids, and no house! Argh... Now, I'm hoping to be married and have 1 kid by the time I'm 30!

Mrs. Boom said...

Happy Birthday you hot, YOUNG thing!!!! Hope it was a great one :-)

(Come tell me about old when you hit 34 *wink!*)